RCU Forums - View Single Post - Change is hard
Thread: Change is hard
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 12:42 PM
ChemE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IBobi.

Here is the problem in a nut shell. I do not want to be bothered by people asking if a product is sold, nor do I want to ask if one is still available. In the old system you can make an offer or ask a question. The minute an offer was accepted, the product got removed. There are adds in your present market that have been sold whose add remains. So therefore if you do not have an offer, rating (Keep historical info), method to rate, market value of items, and the other things the old site had, you all are trying to fool your users. I don't know how old you are, but I was a young engineer when Lotus 123 came up. By 1985 or so Excel had the look and feel of 123 but different code. If as you say the old market was no longer feasible, duplicate it with new code. This new system also leaves you open to fraud. A seller can accept several offers and no one would know about it because the add is not automatically removed. There is no automatic removal of the add because there is no payment method or invoice.