RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Galloping Ghost build
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 11:08 AM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

YES!! I final got to maiden the Ghost today. unfortunately no video but a few pics. I'll get a video next time, we don't really have a good video person and the one person I know had to work.. All I can saw is WOW. It ran really good and is super fast. Not even sure I really needed take-off flaps. just a couple "clicks" of aileron trim and it was good. I initially needed a few clicks for down elevator but realized I was so nervous I left the takeoff flaps in for a few laps. And I thought that was fast. just a really smooth Giant Scale with that beautiful sound. Landing was very similar to my 1:4 scale bearcat. With full flaps and gear down I came back in with a little less then half throttle. Left that in until I was rolling out on final and slowly reduced throttle leaving about 1/4 in until just before landing. Had the CG at about 7" and I think I'll leave it there for a few flights. but seemed to be good. But then again, only a few flights and need to get a little more comfortable with the air frame. 6 minutes flights and only went full throttle on take off, otherwise I just ran a max of 3/4 and plenty to power to deal with my nerves. with that said, on 6 minute flights I only burned about 1/4 to 1/3 tank. I'm sure when I start pushing it, and i will, I'll burn more, so I think 8 minutes flights with the 34 oz tank will be no problem.

I added a picture showing the exhaust stacks. The back cylinder had a lot more oil burn. I was wondering if that one is running a little more rich then the others or is this normal. I'll let Tom chime it.

More to come!! Rob

Last edited by rbgetz; 05-23-2018 at 11:13 AM.