RCU Forums - View Single Post - Change is hard
Thread: Change is hard
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 08:23 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ChemE

Here is what I am talking about. The engine is sold and the add is not removed. People keep on asking if it is still for sale. There are more responses to this add, but the screenshot did not capture them

If We wanted the other sites we would go there, instead you brought them here. If you can't fix this you got nothing.

Sahag
The guy said it was still pending funds. I too would leave an ad up in that case so that should the committed buyer fall through, I know who to go to next.

I really don't see this as an argument against the new format. In the old format, the seller had to mark the item sold or remove it. In the new format, the seller has to either post a "sold" reply or close/remove the thread. What's the real difference there?

Don't get me wrong, I hate the new marketplace but it's because of its horrible search indexing and the laughable inability to click on a photo. But I really don't see the issue with it being a forum style. I guess I never utilized the "buy now" functionality that others have referenced. I bought several things but I would do so by messaging the seller, negotiating the final price and then sending said amount to his or her paypal account. Maybe that is why this aspect of it doesn't really phase me.