RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bless the AMA for trying , , , , But .......
Old 05-28-2018, 07:36 AM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stickslammer
I don`t feel that way about this site. A free public forum with a wealth of experience and knowledge that I and I`m sure many of us have benefitted from I think is a fine thing. A place where, for example, a factory representative can walk a customer through a fix for his very electronically sophisticated piece of equipment? Way cool! Getting advice from someone who has been in R/C since forever and knows more than I could ever hope to learn? Again I exclaim, Way cool!
I realize few things are truly free, but I think putting up with the commercials is a pretty good deal for all the good here. As for all the hand wringing about our "hobby in decline", I feel the best thing we can all do is try to stay positive. To quote a television personality that I`ve forgotten the name of, lets not be "Nattering Naybobs of Negativity".
It gets pretty confusing sometimes to hear on one end that the hobby is in it`s death spiral, on another it`s going great guns. Who really knows?. I for one am going to keep enjoying this hobby and help out who I can.
On the negative side, I imagine it depends on those who lost their flying field and can't find another.Then there are those who's membership has drastically decline to just a small handful. Also the constant news of all the hobby shops closing not to mention all of the large distributors going bankrupt. There there is the FAA and the drone situation.

On the positive side, there are those who consider the hobby is doing just dandy probably are quite satisfied with their club's status quo and that they can still fly at their heart's content.