RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF SPITFIRE ASSEMBLY and SCALE DETAILING
Old 05-31-2018, 05:25 PM
Cpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMMJETT
I will give that a go Bob , I could make some nice ragged edges with tape. I don't have much more I can do until the weather gets better . next will be to strip her down and paint , that gets done outside .I have never done a camo on a plane this big so I could use some help form anyone that's painted these big birds . The parts of the plane where they have taped off lines will be no problem but the over sprayed edges in the camo I am not to sure about . how are guys doing that . I red somewhere that one guy was making templates and spacing them 1/4 " off the surface to get just the correct amount of over spray . , other guys taping of the lines and air brushing the over spray in later ?? any advice welcome. cheers Roger .
Little late here but if you haven't shot the paint yet... I think free-handing it is the best way to go. I lightly outline the pattern based off of historical photos in pencil then airbrush the lighter color first along the pencil lines followed by the darker color. It's really not that hard to do, you can overshoot as much as you want with the lighter color then nail it down accurately with the darker color. I also pre-shade the panel lines in black before my main/ base colors. This gives a more scale effect, just do multiple light coats around the pre-shading until the shading is coming through to your liking.