RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything Radial Engines
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 12:44 AM
Radial power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clockguypete
Thanks Andrea, I am familiar with The Keleo muffler reboot by Adrian at CH Ignitions. He has produced around 500 brand new collector rings so far some of the most popular radials currently being sold on the market. He also has a prototype of a wrap around manifold exhaust for the Topflight giant scale P51 that was on display at Joe Nall last month. Plans are in the works to make those custom manifolds for several of the popular warbirds too! I thought I would test the waters to see if perhaps someone might have an original OS inner (rear) exhaust ring collecting dust somewhere. Adrian is doing his best to bring back the rest of the Keleo muffler designs for our vintage engines in the near future. I currently have five vintage OS & Saito twin engines, and an OS 5cylinder patiently waiting for those sweet sounding Keleo mufflers.
Hi,

I mentioned Keleo/CH Ignitions since the original question didn't provide much information, and so I gave a generic reply.

By the way I realized that my comment about not being sure about new exhausts being manufactured by CH or selling new old stock may have sounded somewhat offensive, but that was definitely not my intention, so apologies to Adrian for that (in case he reads this).

I too have an OS FR5-300 (just bench run on the 5 individual exhaust stacks so far). That's one of the reasons I had emailed Adrian a few monthas ago. So I'm more or less in your same situation, except that I'm not in any urgent need for that ring, so I can just wait for now.

I also have a Saito FA-90TS that I have been flying regularly with a Keleo exhaust since 2009, but I already broke 2 exhausts on that engine due to metal fatigue caused by vibrations (first replacement in 2012, second in 2014). In the third exhaust Kelvin added a couple of lugs to help support the lower part of the exhaust and prevent fatigue cracks. That should definitely help, but knowing that one can get replacements if one needs to would be a good peace of mind.

Best regards,

Andrea

Last edited by Radial power; 06-03-2018 at 01:10 AM.