RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 12:57 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cougar429
Throwing the prop is most often due to lean on the HS needle. Found that out the hard way on my first Saito, also the 91.

I have 3 self-contained starters, the one in the pic uses a 4S Lipo too long in the tooth to fly. Turns over everything up to my 125's.

The Super ;Bolt has a 100 mounted with a Tru Turn spinner. That uses the double-lock system, with the secondary nut also the adapter for the bolt holding the spinner to the back plate.

Thats a nice looking superbolt cougar,a club mate flew one with a fa91 fitted,it was beautiful to watch.

Bruce re priming your 91 dave is right it's too rich and will kick back violently as you say.I've had a few start and run backwards because of that so it's a scramble to get the throttle trim down so it stops if the engine is fully cowled.Or you can block the exhaust with your finger.Ideally you flick the prop with a finger over the carb inlet three or four times and then flick the prop with your finger off once or twice,you should hear that half wet sound they make if it is quiet and no one is running up an engine.If it's noisey/engines/wind etc hook the glo plug up before you do the priming and this time just turn the engine over slowly by hand while priming.You will feel a bump back from the prop when there is enough fuel in there for the 91 to start,avoids flooding the engine when done carefully.As far as tuning goes for max rpm without being lean at wot you will find it difficult if you do not wind the lsn out rich at idle and start on the hsn first.

Dave you are right i googled rolls royces new colours,there is the odd green one in there,living proof that serious money does not give you everything.As for the 20" lift kit and go anywhere button i reckon anybody with that amount to spend can do exactly that i wish i had the pictures to prove that i've gone fox shooting out in the wheat belt here at night and a spotlight in a rolls royce with the roof cut off.It was a typical wheatbelt paddock with a few rocks here and there but you shoot better off the back of a roller because it's not as bumpy as a fourwheel drive.