RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric Vs Nitro
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 04:41 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan
all the problems i ever heard were about the damn ignition box thing. they just didn't hold up/work properly. it was to much hassle for today's "hobbyist". if this were 2000-2001 we would have fought with them and liked it. im hoping that the 1/8 scale gas cars make a comeback at some point
OS has invented a glow plug that works on bog standard 87 octane mixed with bog standard two cycle oil, currently only used in a couple of glow ignition, gasoline burning aircraft engines of 10 and 15CC displacements. No ignition box, start it exactly as one would start a glow engine with the same exact 1.5v glow starter already in our pit boxes, but it burns pump gasoline. And the videos I've watched of them on YT show them to run in typical OS fashion: Reliable as the sun itself and plenty of power, easily comparable to any similarly sized sport usage glow engine. They have a funky carb and, apparently, feel low on compression, but they can still be easily flip started so they shouldn't be much of a problem in that regard.

Isn't even a prototype, you can buy the plugs and the engines on Tower, AMain, eBay, all your usual getting spots. They're in mass production right now.

OS should spit out a big block and a small block car engine using these plugs. I would totally put one in my SC10GT and my Mad Crusher GP!