RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heng Long M41 “3:1” or “4:1” gearbox upgrade?
Old 06-14-2018, 06:21 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Brian, what I think he means is this was his discussion of opinions of what gear boxes may best be suited for setting up his m41. Lots of people will by pass the thread, and some that have already read it or posted an opinion will not come back so you wont get the exposure to your questions you would with your own thread wit a correct title. And as for help, the rc shops are not much help with tanks especially if they are stock HL or Taigen or if they have been upgraded with after market boards because they know nothing about this stuff. This forum is the major help for most of us but some basic knowledge is needed and it appears you do have the experience.

Henglong plastic gears are a 29:1 ratio if I recall from when I was counting and tabulating gear ratios. Henglong also has the all metal set which is just cast zinc gears. Ebay offers various upgrade gear boxes some with steel gears some pot metal so you need to be careful. The best bet is to go to taigen and buy the gearboxes there. They have the 39:1 aka3:1 and the 89:1 aka4:1 types all steel with bearings.
I hope this helps you out.