RCU Forums - View Single Post - Poll , Are you an AMA member because you WANT to be , or because you HAVE to be ?
Old 06-16-2018, 05:14 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie

I can see where you are coming from here but you also need to remember that you are the new guy in that situation. It is up to you to present yourself in a social manner. Every club that I have visited and/or been a member of has welcomed me and my wife with open arms. Whenever there is a get together of a certain number of people, there will always be the element of " the cool crowd ", been that way for centuries. You had to deal with it in school and then later in life at the job so why should an R/C club be any different?
My career took me all over the place so I have been a member of half a dozen clubs and access to a good half dozen more. I have seen clubs at both ends of the social spectrum. My test has always been to go to their field and quietly stand there and watch. And see how long it takes for anyone to come up and introduce themselves. Been to several clubs where I stood there for over an hour and no one came up. No one said boo to me. Even though many had the opportunity. But been to other clubs where someone was striking up the conversation almost before I got out of the car. The latter I would consider joining. The former obviously don't need my participation.