RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio Decisions
Thread: Radio Decisions
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 01:26 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you still have the 11X, its programming with version 2 software isn’t much different from the XG11. While I haven’t had any problems with Spektrum’s DMS protocol, my own preference is for JR’s DMSS. I don’t fly in a noisy environment. My experience is that both have good range and neither has been hit with interference. The DMSS just seems to bind a little quicker and surer. While Spektrum has been improving, the JR method handling its telemetry is neater in that all receivers report the receiver voltage. All other sensors are connect through a single harness which you can make yourself. There is no need for a special telemetry interface.

That said, getting sensors may be difficult until Dee Force Aviation gets rolling. There hasn’t been any advancement in the sensors since JR Propo went bankrupt. Also, the present transmitters built either by JR or Dee Force don’t support audio messaging. There are after-market add-ons but these only report the telemetry responses and not what in going on inside the transmitter, such as flight modes, timer, etc..

If you are looking at the XG11, you might consider an XG14. It has more programming capability in some respects than the XG11. The XG14's screen is smaller than the XG11's, which means that some of the menus will require more pages to do the same thing as the XG11. On the plus side, the XG14 is lighter, less expensive, and more ergonomic than the XG11.

It is interesting that Dee Force is trying to be more logical in differentiating their transmitters. They presently offer only two models. The T44 is similar to the XG11 special edition. It has the same programming as the XG11 but uses the XG14 gimbals and comes with the soft switch covers.

The Dee Force XG8+6 uses the XG8 case and gimbals but has the XG14 programming.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 06-22-2018 at 01:43 PM.