RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAFE Rx setup questions/concerns
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 07:24 AM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Recently, went to set up this Hitec servo with an output arm matching hole spacing of OEM rudder servo and discovered I had left battery #2 connected... for about a week. Since I'm unaccustomed to the extra step of dealing with a master switch on the side of the fuse for electrics, human error prevailed. Brand new $50 battery pack. Charged once. Never flown. The switch was off. Let's try it. Nothing. Uh-oh. Dead. Really? Individual cell checker doesn't even light up. Try charging. Charger reads low voltage error. Yes - dead. OMG NO.

Don't advocate doing this but decided to take the risk - checked on-line for similar circumstance and found a possibility - set charger up on NiCad and charged at .1 amp until battery read somewhere over 10 volts and individual cells held above 3V. Stayed with the battery whole time and periodically felt for warmth - it stayed cool. Cool. Switched over to Lipo and charged normally in the sack.

Yesterday evening, put in three, back-to-back 9-minute flights with three separate batteries and found rudder to be holding proper position. Sroblem polved? Rudder servo all along? Possibly? Probably? I dunno. I've made claims before and end up being bit down the road. Optimistic that successive flights will be free of this rudder problem from here on out. Thanks for watching and thanks again for your help.

Note: this servo substitution required switching to reverse at the Tx.

Last edited by H5606; 07-01-2018 at 11:31 AM.