RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 8FG Flaperons - Help Please
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 09:09 AM
nheather

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 8FG Flaperons - Help Please

Trying to work out how to add Flaperons to a plane with separate aileron servos. I'm sure the previous radios (like my old FF7) were a lot more intuitive but I have eventually found out what to do - sort of.

I've found out that the functionality is hidden under 'CAMBER' so first of all I need to assign a control to the virtual function CAMB. Now what I really want is a three position switch - no flaps, low flaps, high flaps so I picked switch SE and set the ON/OFF status to OFF, ON, ON.

In CAMB MIX you then have to select AIL and set the rate for each of the switch settings.

Now the problem, it ignores the centre switch position and just activates high flaps on the third switch position - it is behaving as if the switch is set to OFF, OFF, ON but it isn't.

So then I tried setting CAMB to the rotary switch LD and I get Airbrakes at one end, nothing in the centre and Flaps at the other end. I don't want airbrakes so I adjust the rates to turn them off which sort of works but it is a bit naff. Basically when I turn LD nothing happens until it gets 50% round and then I get proportional flaps for the last 50%.

It's workable but it is not what I wanted.

I really wanted a three position switch - Off, Low Flaps, High Flaps
If I were to use a rotary control I'd like no flaps at one extreme and then proportional flaps to the other end - not this nothing happens for the first 50% rubbish.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Cheers,

Nigel