RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Giant Top Flite F6F Hellcat coming soon?
Old 07-08-2018, 10:33 AM
David Eichstedt
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wantitbad
they have to make it appear hard to get so they can charge $999 for it . If it sold for $749 like all other TF giant warbirds it would be hard to keep in stock . I do want one but I’ll never pay $999 for it .
Having been on the inside of the industry, this just isn’t how it works. Bryan McLarty is right, they would much rather make the sale than delay.

The conspiracy talk on the RC forums makes me both laugh and cry. The industry isn’t big enough nor are any of the players sophisticated enough to be that devious. The people in the industry, even the big players, are just people trying to survive in a difficult business climate. And there are real people behind the development of these products, usually a single developer who’s poured 18-24 months of his life into making this product real. After announcing a product, and especially after it hits the market, it’s really hard to watch the armchair engineers take their shots, nit-picking every little detail. Makes me think of a certain Teddy Roosevelt quote about being in the battle.