RCU Forums - View Single Post - (Airplane Pilot) What are good radio systems to fly with?
Old 07-27-2018, 05:50 PM
gregoryshock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xpress
You don't need to route them outside of the airplane, they just need to be 90* from each other in any orientation you can come up with and they will work fine.

You only need to poke the antennas outside of the fuselage if the airplane is made entirely from conductive materials.
Tomorrow I will be giving that a try.

Originally Posted by Propworn
The guys name in the video is Bruce Simpson and hes got himself kicked out of his home organization for breaking the rules of his home organization not the brightest bulb in the lot. He fancies himself the professor of RC and he will tell you how great he is over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKKNRvsduUQ
I haven't watched enough of his videos to form much of an opinion. That's very interesting, however I'm not concerned about his personal issues, or even the issues that other people have with him. You can be really smart in one area of your life and yet be really dumb in another area of your life. The only thing I cared about is if He is correct about the Antenna placement in his video. Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes and sometimes even make bad choices, but that doesn't automatically mean that everything you ever said or done is wrong. I will keep in mind what you said about Him in case I ever find myself watching lots of his videos. Thank you for the heads up.