RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ive got a Major Prop Issue
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 11:35 PM
joshreynolds777
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Thank you very much for that Hydro Junkie. That probably took some time indeed ! Love what you said. I thought Id respond som e and add some thought.

on the plastic yah, i agree, I've been told to start plastic because they're cheap to get the size then go metal, so I've got a good bit gathered. really its hard to imagine the blades bending when I can't even get them to bend at all for me... there sharp as hell too ! any who,,,

The coupler, I got it tightened, should be good to go now ! It was loose off the shaft end... I just didn't get it tight enough .

Now the wires from the motor to the ESC.... this I really think Is an issue.... The guy that build my boat just soldered the wires,, and they get very hot.. meting in fact in some areas. I want to say after a very short run once before even the motor heated up those wires were hot hot. I think something needs to be done about that for sure. They are thin where the two wires were joined. I dont know what size the wires are, they came with the motor and esc.

Th4 water lines are all large.. larger than whats in my DF29. and they're double set.. one to the motor and one to esc.

I was really hoping to throw that 440Kv in there for a true 12s Machine, but the heli I have that motor in sold on me last night.
So I guess Its back to tampering with this thing.

I do have a set of 5S packs Im gonna try Im hoping might be the ticket on that 50mm prop and some better soldering.
Im going to redo it all anyway so i can switch things over to my eC5 connectors the rest of my lipos are on.

So what motors are people running 12S on? I dont see a whole lot of them on youtube it seems. Ive seen some 600kv and 800 some odd thats about it.

This might be a silly question.... but is a boat getting more power running 6S2p (which is (2) 6S packs in parallel right?) than a single 6S? Its got to be right ?
Otherwise more people would be running single packs... Ive just never tested it I guess.
Run tim eI know is the parallel advantage... but Not too worried bout run time, Im used to most of what I have only running for 5 minutes anyway