RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need input on batts and servos for TF giant P-47
Old 08-07-2018, 12:12 PM
Growler84
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will love the Giant TF P-47, I had one of them and flew it for 4 years until it fell apart after I skipped it off the ground in a low pass.

I started with HITEC 645s running on NiMh (2 X 1500 mAh packs). The 645s hung in there for about two years, then the pots wore out and they would not hold center and started jumping around. I replaced them with HITEC 5645s (digital version of the 645) and those were working fine right up to ground impact 2 years later. I also switched the batteries to LiFe 6.6v 3200 mAh (overkill in terms of capacity, but I fly a lot).

I quit using HITEC for no particular reason a few years ago and now I use MKS servos. For your application, use MKS DS1210 servos if you want to stick in the HITEC 5645 price range (around $35 each). If it were me, I'd use MKS DS1230 or 1220 servos ($79) on the flight controls, they are much more powerful, precise and they are designed for 6.6v applications. A-Main, Chief and MKSUSA all carry MKS. Again, I fly a lot, which is why I would choose the more expensive servo option. There is nothing wrong with the less expensive servos I've mentioned.

Good luck!