RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder tiger mirage - anyone have one? I need motor/mounts/clutch dimensions.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:40 AM
Iceberg86300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!!!!! 😮
You've got a regular "pick-a-part" for RC cars there!!
That associated with the combo start looks really clean. Head matters not to me. I suppose stock looking would be best, but even one from the bottom of the pile would be fine. It'll probably get some road rash anyway. I'm not building a show piece, I intend to beat on this thing. It ceased racing the first time my brother plowed it into a curb. But it's so much more durable than my Traxxas stuff. I just put it into a vise & bent the chassis back, same with the front dog bones. I look at the 4-tec funny and something breaks lol.

Here's what I have left of my Mirage. You can barely see the standoffs for the fuel tank. About 4 inches apart center to center. I can take other measurements as well.

Here's the body I have. I did most of the trimming but never got further than that. Small hole started in the windshield. So if you'd rather hoard a \"fresh" body it's up for trade. Otherwise I'll just hit it with a two tone from spray cans. I was never good at painting bodies.

I don't have any shaft start vehicles, would I be able to just buy the correct shaft & use a drill? Really don't want to spend $80 for a starter. Plus those are tougher to find with electrics killing off nitro.

Oh, and did associated use thunder tiger engines a lot? TT used to be huge in the nitro market, now they've all but disappeared. I see the motor mounts on their site but it scares me to death just thinking about ordering something from them. If you want a copy of that large poster with the exploded views I'm still working on stitching it together & cleaning it up. Should be a gem when I finish it.