RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need to start from new. After 15 years AWOL
Old 08-19-2018, 03:21 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Depending on your budget and number of channels needed there are enough radios out there you will probably get a headache trying to figure which one. If you like Futaba then by all means stick to them.

Many years ago I had the same problem with two identical transmitters (Futaba) and switched to Hitec (FM at the time and Hitec worked with Futaba receivers). I ended up really liking the Hitec stuff and found the prices were more than reasonable. I now own Two Aurora 9 transmitters, one for electrics and gliders and one for combustion powered. I buddy box between them easily. Dependability is in my opinion outstanding and service has always been top of the line with excellent turn around even from Canada.

That being said I own an Airtronics, Spectrum and JR. I won the Airtronics and JR but bought the Spectrum for bind and fly and I must say they have all performed well.

Good luck with choosing. Radio preferences are like discussing oil choices hang on to your hat it might be a wild ride LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis