RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need to start from new. After 15 years AWOL
Old 08-21-2018, 07:47 AM
Bocajuniors55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
Depending on your budget and number of channels needed there are enough radios out there you will probably get a headache trying to figure which one. If you like Futaba then by all means stick to them.

Many years ago I had the same problem with two identical transmitters (Futaba) and switched to Hitec (FM at the time and Hitec worked with Futaba receivers). I ended up really liking the Hitec stuff and found the prices were more than reasonable. I now own Two Aurora 9 transmitters, one for electrics and gliders and one for combustion powered. I buddy box between them easily. Dependability is in my opinion outstanding and service has always been top of the line with excellent turn around even from Canada.

That being said I own an Airtronics, Spectrum and JR. I won the Airtronics and JR but bought the Spectrum for bind and fly and I must say they have all performed well.

Good luck with choosing. Radio preferences are like discussing oil choices hang on to your hat it might be a wild ride LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis

Shopping for a new radio is insane these days! Back in '95 it was 1) what brand? And 2) how many channels. That's it!

This is nuts. And then I dive into all the reviews that people post and it becomes damn near impossible. The only thing right now that worries me about several reviews is people losing their models with some Spektrum receiver issues? I assume these problems are rare and isolated?

My top pick at the moment is the DX9 Black Edition. Enough functions and channels for me without getting too complicated or expensive with features I don't need.