RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need to start from new. After 15 years AWOL
Old 08-25-2018, 10:23 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has remained a sane forum for a change. Guys are speaking with experience and knowledge. A lot of useful info here. Basically, all the current brands work better than anything you might have experienced in the 72 meg era. Hell, even the toy grade stuff works. Once you get into it, the technology available will amaze you. I'm one of the old geezers who has the latest and greatest , but still flies it like an old 4 channel unit. I'm going with some old advice. Check out what the guys are using at the club you intend to join. Hands on info can be a big help, especially with programing. It's been mentioned a couple brands have left us. JR and Airtronics are basically gone. Hitec hasn't done anything in 10 years and who knows what Futaba is bringing upon them selves. I was around back in the 60's and 70's when we had the Japanese revolution that drove all the US manufactures out of business. And , I believe, we are seeing another change. The Chinese will soon own the RC market. One brand in particular has a large following, especially with the younger crowd. But again, the stuff seems to work if you can figure out how to work it. One other thing. You probably remember buying a system. Transmitter, receiver, 4 servos, etc. Now its all ala carte. And you may have to learn about electric power!! Good luck. Hope you enjoy your return.