RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top RC Models MkIV full Composite Spitfire-a game changer
Old 08-27-2018, 12:39 PM
MikePS

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsa44
CG question..... Does anyone know what is reasonable CG with the gear extended? Manual and most here indicate around 130mm, but in general, I would infer that to be with gear retracted. The reason I ask, is that I will try to balance using small scales under each wheel with mathematical calculations so it would be nice to know what the CG should be with gear extended. Otherwise I would have to build a pillar for the front scales to position the plane with the gear retracted. I don't have access to a large-scale balancer, and my fingers are just not that accurate, especially since I am near 24lbs! (and the Vanessa rig is just too cumbersome and hard to hit a steady state)
Thx DSA
I made my first few flights with a 130 CG with the gear extended and it seemed tail heavy (took quite a bit of down elevator trim). I've added almost a pound of lead to the nose to hit 120 CG, but haven't flown it there yet, so I too an interested in what feedback you get.