RCU Forums - View Single Post - REBEL HOT - New release from Pirotti models - Wow!
Old 08-31-2018, 07:21 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure, but it’ll take a few days though as we have a contest here this long weekend and I am both flying and judging in it...time is sparse. The canopy is a challenge, but not too difficult. I guess they do it all a bit differently in Europe from the way we do things here in NA... watch the tank hold down too as it uses a relatively small area of glue and there can be a fairly harsh torque applied sloshing fuel around that round tank...not sure why its round, but it is. Anyway you’ll start getting the hang of what is intended as you go. The theme of this plane is to keep it light! It is a newer style of composite and very lightweight but seems to be very strong too...not sure why they didn’t use it on the loooong canopy though as mine cracked in 4 places when it fell (onto a furniture foam covered table top) while glue was curing using gravity feed. In any event the fuselage is vey light and yet still very stiff. The wood formers are not the best...gee there’s no surprise with Asian wood! However; the ply they used in places like the nose gear formers is weaker than light ply and might need some shoring up with 1/16” ply doublers in places. I haven’t stood it on the gear yet as I am just about to mate the wings tothe fuselage and CG it...oh yes there is no known CG location other than a fellow that said about 20mm back of the center of the spar tube...seems a good enough place to start I guess as it is a little ahead of the main gear wells. Good old Pirotti and his total lack of information...
Len