RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electriflying Top Flite Stinson Reliant
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 09:50 PM
stearman65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Al
Thanks for the link.
Re the interior kit, I ordered it with no problems & it was dispatched from the US on the 29th August I think. The latest info is in the picture below. From past experience, UK customs send me a letter by UK snail mail with a reference & an amount to pay, which I then get a code to release it for delivery after paying duty. Sometimes foreign goods have no duty, but takes for ever to arrive, particularly from China. Bought an action camera 6 months ago from China, the same process was gone through, just takes ages once the goods are in the UK.
Talking about this has brought back a memory from the past, before the internet in the mid eighties. We were going on our second holiday to the USA & ordered by phone a Balsa USA Fly Baby monoplane kit & the wheels, to be delivered to the post office in Orlando before our flight back. Everything worked fine & the kit went into the baggage hold & arrived safely in the UK. It didn't get stuck for duty as I declared it as a toy on the customs paperwork.
Happy Flying. Regs Eric.