RCU Forums - View Single Post - Information on the Constellation Sailplane
Old 09-15-2018, 08:17 AM
Antares100
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information on the Constellation Sailplane

Hi All,
I am looking for any information on the Constellation sailplane. It is a 14 foot t-tail sailplane and understand it has a foam sheeted wing. I am especially interested in:

1. The datum line for the fuselage
2. Wing and stab incidence (I will assume it is 0 degrees but would like to know for sure)
3. Tow hook placement (I assume it will be close to the CG)
4 Templates for the tapered outboard section of the wing
5. Any other information you may have on this sailplane, no matter how trivial it may seem
I have searched for previous threads, but come up empty (it's possible I may have missed one). This is a BIG project, so I don't have a start date yet (or end date if it will ever end!!) but would like to have as much info as possible. I do have a fiberglass fuse for it, so some of the build is "started". I am not sure if I will use foam or capped ribs for the wing and will make that decision once I have more info on what is available.Any information would be appreciated and I don't mind paying nominal costs for postage should you be able to send anything. I love large wingspan sailplanes and would like to build this one. I would, of course share the build process here.
Thanks in advance!
Antares100