Thread: What is the AMA
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 08:54 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
As a footnote to this thread ;

This thread was started for no other reason than a "little experiment" by the thread originator's own admission . I knew the point and purpose of this thread well before I responded to it , the motive being as clear as a clean window on a sunny day and this was the basis for my response , to give the original poster what he was looking for to draw out his REAL motive for posting this thread . This thread has nothing to do with the young man taking up the hobby , the model airplanes , or the future of the hobby itself , and everything to do with the original poster's need to prove a point using whatever means available , up to and including the young man's appearance . Had this thread been posted without the ugly undertone of teaching the board a lesson it would have been great (and my first response would have been far more positive) but with the ulterior motive being one of "one upmanship" and a "little experiment" the original poster should be truly ashamed of himself
Absolutly wrong! The original attempt was to bring something positive to the forum of negitivity. The point was that in spite of an obvious handicap this young man was interested in picking up the hobby. It was also to illustrate that in spite of the challenge, there were a few AMA members that were willing to step up and help this young man. It wasn't until YOUR judgmental comments that it became a tool for me to use to illustrate that we are destroying the hobby from within as opposed to the BS that Franklin suggests. I thank you for providing the example of what NOT to do to promote our hobby and for both of you to prove my point about cyber bullies on RCU.