RCU Forums - View Single Post - HL 2A6 upgrade problems-
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 09:30 AM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Bilko21
Hello- Advice please appreciated-Purchased HL 2A6 3886-12.4 ghz 4 years ago delayed until now-brieflyreplaced gears for steels, RX 18 out, smoker out,may not replace- purchasedTK22 from Immortal along with newTurnigy 9x and receiver etc- they installed firmware, etc and put a video on YouTube under the heading of 2A6 which shows demo of my radio and receiver working in one of his tanks- also purchased or lead and 360 turret ring to complete.
Very disappointing so far all connected but no response when connected up following manual advice videos etc etc- am I doing something wrong, or missing something, Is it the TK 22 .? - should I go for an IBU instead , and if So, do I have to cut access holes in the tank to access the SD card etc- please advise if poss- thanks-A
What are your end goals for the operations of the tank? Are you installing barrel recoil, flash, IR? If NOT, you might be better served going back to the HL receiver and radio. They are far more simple/reliable and with a few "off the shelf" additions and tweaks to your Leopard's weight can be made to perform very well.

Stay away from the newer IBU2 if responsive driving performance and ease of set up is something you want.