RCU Forums - View Single Post - Multiplex Twister EDF
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 02:53 PM
cobrajocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suspect that Multiplex is pretty good at designing their models with power plants that live up to the limit of the air frame, though they did make some early models like the high-wing Magister (the large one) that came with a vastly under-powered Brushed motor system. I also suspect that they designed the Twister as a introductory - mid-level EDF plane meant to learn on and do "pleasure" flying .... which is does wonderfully. I'd suggest sticking close to the original EDF specs, though on the "Plus" side to eek out maybe 20% more performance and nothing more.

Some companies made EDF Jets that they intended to let well versed owners "push" to the extreme. I've always been and still am a nut on the old Hobby People EF-16 (F-16 Fighting Falcon) which you could buy as a ARF or a Kit and you supplied literally everything buy the air frame. I got hooked on them, crashed 4 so far, but pushed 132 MPH clocked with Police LIDAR. When Hobby People / Global Distributing went belly-up I bought 20 more "kits" at their "Garage sale" weeks before locking their headquarters office in Fountain Valley CA. That model is designed for "experimenting" and it seems to take any EDF / battery combo Iv'e tried. It always stays controllable, it's your capabilities that will fail first. Mine are getting stretched at 69 years of age and 132 MPH. Biggest problem is hitting unseen air turbulence during a straight power run and keep control (reacting fast enough) and slowing it down after hitting +120 to make a turn, as this F-16 copy like the real one likes to keep it's speed. I'm playing around adding speed brakes on the fuse actuated with one micro servo to save weight.