RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm an old noob, back after 38 years!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 05:41 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stickslammer
I get disoriented every time I fly, which I just chalk up to the notion that I don`t fly enough to have it be second nature or keep the "muscle memory" in play. I figure I would have to fly at least 3 or 4 hours a week to get to the point where my plane doesn`t wobble a lot. Simulator? I don`t know. I spent some time on the one at the hobby shop and it just feels totally different to me.
Sims can help when set up right. Especially at the beginning. But nothing replaces hands on stick time. And the key as you suggested is practice, practice and more practice. And every plane being a bit different (or even a lot), means some practice will be required for each plane.

I do 5-6 touch and goes every time I fly. Why? Well after doing this for years it turns out there is nothing I can't grease in a landing with. As a result I get called on a lot to save models. And mastering the approach and landing in this way goes a long way towards mastering all aspects of flight. Landing is the ONLY maneuver that is mandatory. All others are optional.