RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Tank Clubs
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 11:48 AM
StuN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m the XO (Vice-pres) for the Northwest Division Pacific Armor Corps (NORDPAC), a regional RC Armor club in the PacNW. We have 100+ members throughout BC, WA, ID, and OR and have been in existence since 2005. Our club CO (Pres) lives on Whidbey Island, WA and I live in Keizer, OR. We finished our 2018 battle season last weekend at the Oregon International Air Show but will start again in early 2019. We usually stage more than a dozen battle events each season and lasting 1-3 days, in WA and OR including at the Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum in Seattle, and the Arlington Fly-In in Arlington, WA. I know there are club members in Spokane, Vancouver, Graham, Tacoma, and the Seattle area.

Just yesterday we met with the director of the Ft Lewis Museum, who is a RC Armor hobbyist himself, and came to an agreement for us to demonstrate, exhibit, and battle members’ RC Armor at museum events. What’s even more exciting is that he has offered to let us establish a permanent battlefield area there with storage space for our diorama pieces: buildings, bridges, simulated water hazards, trees, terrain features, etc.

Our club has a Facebook page, and a Yahoo groups page here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NORDPAC/ . Feel free to contact our club CO, KellyG, directly at [email protected]

We are always looking to enlist new members and the only requirement to join is a Yahoo e-mail account. Once you are a member you will be able to access the club message board, the membership list, the calendar, the photo galleries, info on where to make purchases, as well as tips on building, accessorizing, painting, and battling. We accommodate both air soft and infra-red battlers and awards are presented for 1st, 5th, 10th, 25th, 50th, and 100 or more kills. Rank (World War II Allied or Axis, based on the tank you battle with) is based on attendance and participation at club battle days, longevity, support for the club and other members, and public outreach efforts. Members who participate in club battle days are admitted to the venues where they are held for free and if you don’t have a tank but would like to operate or battle one, we’ll provide you a loaner. Some members stage independent battle days at their homes or at some other location.

I hope this answers any questions you have about the RC Armor in the PacNW, and that you check out our club and perhaps join.

Stu N
NORDPAC XO
KAC6A - Out