RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 10-08-2018, 07:02 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

I see some new names ............... johnnymax..................... stickslammer....................Red head..................Shagdogjr................... .Mkjohston...........................Mad Man Marko. and I hope to see them more often, we enjoy new company. WELCOME!
This is the place where you can share your memories for us to enjoy with you, again WELCOME!

Telemaster.... you fired some memories with the description of the Enya CARB. It took a bit of patients with the needles to get them set up but it paid off once the piston and sleeve mated up. Cast metal does require a longer break in period and the new generation flyers with a old engine get in trouble using the synthetic fuels of today to do the job. I followed what Duke "FOX" recommended.. Castor oil fuel and plenty of it because it not only lubed but carried away the metal filings of breakin and heat. my first runs were accomplished with castor fuel and the engine blubbering and spitting excess fuel all over the place, at least three four ounce tank full before increasing the rpms. When I followed his advice It resulted in a long lasting fine running machine. I broke in my fox 35 R/C engine in 1958 and currently have it in a nobler.