RCU Forums - View Single Post - Turbinator (V2) Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 04:40 PM
sam@ata
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a done deal. Had the 2nd flight today and 2 more later. Here are my observations of the Boomerang Turbinator ARF V2
1. I had to add .25"under the the rear mounting bolt holes(7 degrees) more down thrust to the engine for a total of 13 degrees. This was just right and i still didnt have to cut out the bottom cover and inverted flight took min down elevator.
2. Throws as given are great for HIGH rates so no more than given is needed so i would suggest setting a DR at 70% with 30% expo on Ail and Ele for your start.
3.At least on mine, the thin flash sheet metal buckled under the heat and waved between the fasteners so i kept my first mod posted earlier and then changed out the remaining rear portion to the metal stock as supplied. No heat distortion and issue fixed.
4. On the fourth flight on this plane i was able to obtain my waiver sign off as its just a nice plane and that stable.
5. Added 13.5 oz under the battery compartment floor and that is with 2 4500ma LiFe rcvr packs, a 5000ma 2s ECU bat and a 3600 2s gear/brake bat up front. Total dry weight is 25lbs and maybe 2 oz.
6. New personal preference on flap servos, stick with analog and not digital as they become problematic as my two did. Even when setup with no binding or buzz in the up position, i managed to loose 2 in 24hrs, not during a flight but during final checks and assembly during the night before and morning of maiden. Replaced with 645mg servos and not issues
So there you have it, done deal from maiden to waiver. I plan to have lots of follow up flights in the next two days and plenty of touch n go's to become more familiar with flight characteristics.
Be glad to answer any questions you may have on your build or ARF

Last edited by sam@ata; 10-12-2018 at 04:47 PM.