RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tower Hobbies
Thread: Tower Hobbies
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 08:36 PM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess I am a little wrong here but for one thing for sure is that Futaba and OS are owned by the same Japeneese firm. They make a ton of electronic parts such as VFDS and other parts and services. BTW FlyinOkc said that you will pay retail at Futaba's website for the radios and servos which is true. But if you look at Tower's website all the Futaba stuff has gone up.
My main point is why would Horizon continue to distribute OS when they have their own brand made in china? It doesn'nt make sense anyways they brought in their brands such as Losi and Spectrum RC. I know of two Italian glow engine makers still producing RC car glow engines and that would be Picco and Nova Rossi. There is a 3 engine line which is called Reds and its chief designer is Maro Rossi of the Rossi clan. I've never seen these engines but they are made by Picco and I heard good things about them. I had two Picco Car engines and they where bad ass to the max. I have one OS 21 XZB ver2 in my RC car that has never been started. I heard that Magnums where back in production and that someone on the West coast is importing them. I talked to the distributor last year as I was looking for parts for an ASP engine that I picked up at a swap meet. There quite a few different Car engines made by OS for the car market under different names. I understand that Meoca is still going and someone told me that the guy isn't really producing engines that what is for sell is what was left over for the original companies such as HP or even K&B.
I really think this hobby is in bad way and might never recover.
My IMO is mine so you can disagree with me that is fine as I will continue to fly glow power airplanes.'
Thank You
Michael
Michael Johnston