RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 10-19-2018, 04:04 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by ETpilot
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But, there never is a last project! Always the next project! LOL.
True but I'm blowed if I'm painting the outside of the house again! In ten years time I will be eighty, that's if I'm still here at all, and even at seventy years of age I'm finding going up and down ladders and scaffold towers all day rather tiring! I found out last night that my house was built in 1979 and that in the intervening thirty-nine years it has never seen a lick of paint! No wonder the paint is falling off the south-west facing fascia boards! I have washed and rinsed all of the woodwork, I don't believe in painting over dirt, then I've rubbed it all down, applied primer to any bare wood, then a coat of white water-based undercoat, then a coat of flat matt white solvent-based paint followed by a coat of gloss. If the original paintwork lasted for thirty nine years I'm sure that lot will go the distance!

I have tried to upload a picture of the progress so far but the site will not allow me to do so. This is not the first time on RC Universe either. Other projects include building a twenty meter long path so that a wheelchair using friend can come and visit me and of course, building the Big Guff over winter. Watch this space.

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 10-19-2018 at 04:10 AM.