RCU Forums - View Single Post - X-Vert with Turnigy 9XR Help Wanted, please
Old 10-21-2018, 08:30 AM
defranks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Vert with Turnigy 9XR Help Wanted, please

Hello:
I'm new to the website, and I did a quick search for threads on the Horizon X-Vert without any luck. Sorry if I missed the information I'm looking for, but I'm looking for a bit of help.

I just bought a Horizon X-Vert BNF. I don't own a Spektrum transmitter, but I do own a Turnigy 9XR Pro and an OrangeRX module for it. I think I should be able to control the X-vert with the 9XR, but I'm not able to make the X-vert arm.

The manual says that the plane requires a transmitter with one 3-position and one two-position switch. My transmitter has that, of course. The three-position switch is to program the three flight modes: multi-rotor, safe airplane, and aerobatic airplane. The two position switch is to arm the throttle.

I was able to bind to the X-vert receiver easily enough, and I programmed the three-position switch to channel 5 and am able to access all three flight modes. This is indicated by the LED's in the X-vert, which go from Green to Red to Green and Red as the modes change. The transmitter module is set up for TEAR, which I understand is correct for the plane. The ailerons and elevators work as expected, but since rudder is really throttle differential, I can't check that.

I am not able to get the X-vert to arm. I've mapped the "TRAINER" switch (momentary switch) to Channel 6, and would expect the plane to arm when I hold the switch. But nothing happens at all. I've tried using +100%, -100%, and 40 and 80% (+ and -) as well. I read something about throttle trim position, and have fooled around with that. But I get no indication at all that anything is happening. And I don't own another Spektrum receiver so I can't just hook up a servo to Channel 6 to make sure that the channel is working.

So after all that preamble, what I'm looking for is someone else who has made a similar set-up work, or some ideas from a Spektrum and 9XR expert on how to make it work. I am NOT an expert at programming my transmitter, but I've been successful with making a dozen or so airplanes fly with it (using FlySky receivers) including using more than the basic four channels.

Thanks guys!