RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Nosen Cessna 310 Club"
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 04:41 AM
ken barkhouse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Robart Problems

I spent a night playing with my Robart electric retract conversion kits and I’m less than happy with them. I was dead out of the box but I managed to pull it apart and get it working.... to get a warranty part I need to pull it apart again, “undo” the fix, take a picture and submit for warranty or mail it back as is to assess. If I mail it back there wouldn’t be any fault to find so what’s the point? I was given the option to buy another actuator for half price when it’s DOA right out of the bag.... I have to say these things are junk, the jackscrew is the problem and it’s press fit together on a .100” spline, not even TIG welded together.

Given the slightly “aggressive” customer service approach they took with me I can’t say I would consider buying their product again. I purchased directly from them a few days ago, they have the transaction history, explained in great detail the problem and the internal construction of the “sealed” Jack screw that came apart and won’t do anything without pictures. I can’t event get a replacement jack screw, only the complete actuator if I pay for half of it! Given the shipping cost back and forth between Canada and the USA it’s not worth it, especially when customer service states “someone is always trying to get something for free” ***?

Sorry for for the rant, I can’t even explain how displeased I am with their support, $2-$3k in an airplane and I have to deal with this crappy actuator and a less than pleasing customer service approach.

Last edited by ken barkhouse; 10-23-2018 at 05:57 AM.