RCU Forums - View Single Post - LOCKHEED P-38J “LIGHTNING”. A giant 1/4 scale scratch built model
Old 10-24-2018, 10:03 AM
fbielsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now it is time to empty the space where the turbochargers are located, in the upper central part of both fuselages, which have been manufactured with pieces of carved balsa wood, plywood and fiberglass. Said emptying is already foreseen in the semi-formers that make up these upper casings, so that only the balsa sheeting has to be removed from the corresponding part.

Supercharger and its fairings

They are bolted on said removable housings of both fuselages, which are fixed with a retractable front lockshield under the fuel filler trap door in the model and two rear neodymium magnets; another bolt ensures here the assembly, which is accessible by the lower part of the fuselage through the open doors of the main landing gear deployed.

I do not show photos for now, that I reserve for when I show you the painted model.

The machine guns and nose cannon have been worked on 0.6 mm PVC wall tube. The elevator counterweights are reinforced balsa and plywood. The glazing of the side and landing lights on the wing and the fairing of the rear-view mirror of the cabin are vacuum ther****rmed under. Finally, the four bays of expulsion of the machine guns in the gondola, the two "pylons" under the wing and other details of the model are practiced.

And we have ready the model to think about the electronic equipment that I will describe immediately.