RCU Forums - View Single Post - HSD MB339 review anyone???
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 04:02 PM
ms200a
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All, I have the Boomerang MB-339, 25 flights todate, arizcowboy was very helpful in the cg and other info, this is my setup;

​​​​Aileron High 20mm, Mid 15mm, low 10mm. expo 10% on all, I like mid position the best. Elevator high 23mm, mid 19mm, low16mm,15% expo all. Again I like mid position the best. I also slowed elevator servo down a touch to keep from inducing pitch oscillation and getting into the huck a buck when landing. Flap Mid 13mm, Full 40mm, mixed in crow Ailerons up10mm, CROW ONLY with FULL flap! Flaps slowed down to soften any pitch change and look more realistic on ground. Flap elevator mix, none on mid, 2.6mm down elevator on full Flap.
CG. location Larry Roper Boomerang jets said; The Leading edge of the wing tip and arizcowboy (rcuniverse) said his HSD is at 135mm from where wing meets fuse. Mine is now at 131mm from leading edge where wing meets fuse. With a swept wing this can be a bit tricky to measure where the balancer makes contact to the wing. Because the trailing edge has no sweep, if you measure from trailing edge forward it works out to 257mm, with cg set at that point, it still needs some down elevator in inverted but not much. FWIW my flying style is lazy, I just like to turn, roll, loop, split s, Immelmann, that stuff, I fly with an old p-70 for power at a little better then 1/2 throttle and at full across the deck to build up energy for vertical stuff. I can fly for 7min but keep it around 5 for fuel cushion incase someone needs to land or has trouble. The wing tanks will also help slow it down and you'll need to stay in the power base to final which for me is good because the P-70 spool up time is measured with a calendar. The crow acts like a bit more washout. I rate all my planes this way "would I buy it again" Yes absolutely, already saving for a 2nd one to dress gray camo. Fly's like a trainer because it is one, Qualifies as a warbird because it is one. As the Italians say Ciao

Last edited by ms200a; 10-25-2018 at 04:07 PM.