RCU Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone else noticed , , ,
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 06:42 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I agree in all respects. Especially the Miss Budweiser deal. I'm hoping you go back this far but right out of high school ( 1982 ) I spent the next 8 years working in one of the largest hobby shops in California. We sold a ton of the old MRP electric Miss Budweiser boats. I used to order them 6 at a time and also kept 2 of the Dumas kits in stock as well.

Back to the multi rotor craze, it reminds me of when helicopters peaked in popularity. We were pretty much shunned by the traditional clubs as well so we formed helicopter only clubs even though we could have flown in local school yards and such. Many of these clubs obtained AMA sanctions. We put on our own fly-ins. The most notable were in Merced and Bakersfield. Point is that although at the time the traditional plank modelers had pretty much the same outlook about helicopters that then now do about Multi rotors we remained responsible about where and how we flew. That is the key part that is missing with the multi Rotor crowd. Too bad we all have to pay the price.