RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Printing
Thread: 3D Printing
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 01:06 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
I pretty much stick with Cura. Us old guys ain't great with change so once we find something that works we tend to stick with it.

The stringy part doesn't really bother me, but if it ever does Wayne told me about combing, and that's supposed to reduce the stringy part.
Yea with Cura I seem to have little to no issues with retraction, even with minimal settings. I specialize in TPU printing here so I ALWAYS have TPU ready at the house. I like to print with the some of the softest TPU: Sainsmart. It is a bit harder to print on a bowden style printer but I have mine setup just right for it. I would say around 80% of my prints are TPU. Tires and things that need to grip are great with Sainsmart's TPU. Now when I use Simplify I like to use hard plastics. Yes the slicer does cost $150 but it is worth it
I just recently got another printer (we have a nice dual extruder here at work) so I could do some stuff like Nylon/PC printing at the house. I'm looking at some water cooled extruders now but printing with Nylon looks like it will be a bigger PITA than any kind of results I would get out of it. Anyone here printing Nylon or any other rare filaments? I would be interested in picking your brain on a few things...