RCU Forums - View Single Post - How I power a FPV camera
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 10:19 PM
GattoConGliStivali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How I power a FPV camera

Hi everyone, I tried FPV last month. It was not successful because the camera resolution is a tragedy. I might buy another 720p when I'm going to continue this project.

I'm very new to FPV , but I heard someone asking about powering up the cam, so let me share with starters like me how I do it with a low skill-required way

First of all, buy a portable power bank. The smaller and cheaper, the better. If you can find a kit which batteries are NOT included, PERFECT!
View post on imgur.com
<script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Take it apart, we only need the PCB. If you want to save weight and space, remove the standard USB port. But BE SURE YOU KEEP THE MICRO! With it we can charge batteries like our phones
View post on imgur.com

Remove the springs attached to the batteries and solder wires to the B+,B- pads on the board. Solder 2 wires from the USB 5 V and GND pin of the port we've just removed as well. From here we get stable 5 V to power the cam.
View post on imgur.com

The 14500 batteries are good balanced between weight and capacity. If you want to reduce weight even more, you can use a wireless telephone battery ; if you need more capacity, you can use 18650