RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm building the TopRC F9F Cougar
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 01:49 PM
jetflyr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Jetflyr.................wow thanks your picture is exactly like the way I have my tanks set up as well. Is your tanks 16oz each? If so, should be the same amnt of weight.....Just to confirm, you balanced at 185mm WITHOUT FUEL. I have my tanks set up on a tee. The two saddle tanks should be used at same time before the main tank is used. Do you think this is ok? Just for info, do you remember how much weight you had to put in the nose for balance?
tks
Yup, I balanced 185mm without fuel in the tanks - but 2oz in my UAT up front. The saddle tanks are Sullivan/Pylon 12oz saddle tanks, and they are in series. (I prefer series since they drain completely, and they are so close to the center line that it is not an issue).

Before I put the saddle tanks in I needed 4 -6 oz of weight in the nose, no change with the saddle tanks.

First flight was main tank only, then a single saddle, then both. The airplane didn't know the difference other than the extra weight for the first few minutes of the flight.

Do make sure you reinforce you main gear mounts before you have everything in the airplane .... they will need it!

Hope this helps!
Greg

Last edited by jetflyr; 11-04-2018 at 05:06 PM.