RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 P-51 60cc
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 05:29 PM
sjhanc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A picture of the wing structure where the flyable wing leading edge is cracked.

In my opinion, glassing the wing center section is required for safe flight. The glass cloth should be at least 2 oz. per yard to make up for the strength lost in the factory method of construction. Too bad a full kit is not offered, this would be a premium quality model with builder control of glues and construction methods, and substitution of good wood for the sub-standard wood for certain structural parts.

The only fix for the fuselage is a full glass covering. This Model as delivered IS NOT capable of handling aerobatics, should be flown slowly, and NO INVERTED maneuvers ALLOWED. No bouncy landings, either.

I know I'm being critical, but my military job was Aircraft Technical Inspector, trained to LOOK for this stuff in full size aircraft. I had to butt heads with maintenance officers, mechanics, and pilots many times over RED 'X' safety of flight issues with planes they wanted to just hop in and fly. I always refused to sign off on my inspections until it was repaired or adjusted properly, I always won the argument.