RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 11-09-2018, 10:52 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
Referring to my Post 6402, I eventually got a password, logged into the FFAM's website, watched four videos which urged me not to fly over hospitals, or to photograph people on the groumd without their permission. Then I was asked about twenty questions with multiple choice answers. I got them all right except for one, some of my French colleagues got more than one wrong, in their native language too! Having changed that answer I passed and have been issued with a couple of small certificates to be kept with my FFAM membership card. I currently have about twelve models in flying condition. Each one will be issued with a number which must be legible from a distance of 30 cms. The club is going to buy a machine to print out the numbers.

If I wanted to buy a drone in order to drop a bomb on a barracks, drop drugs into a prison, take pictures of fifteen year-old girls sunbathing, or in order to deliberately fly it into an airliner on landing approach at Orly, I'd be sure to register it wouldn't I?

Come to think of it, I could do all of those things with my Senior Telemaster!
We are expecting that testing as you described is how our FAA will administer it. Just something that legally binds you and shows them that you have enough knowledge so they can throw the book at you when you do a minor infraction.