RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 Scale F-18 Build
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 02:50 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

It's my pleasure, enjoying sharing the experience! Just a small update today with another video, Texas went full winter today and its just a bit cold in my trailer to work much. I did start the rudders, im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo glad the servo box cut outs for the ruder servos were the correct size. Having to custom fit with them in the current location would have been impossible, so win for me! Please take not to the how I put the control arm on the metal shaft, if you reverse this it will not give enough throw because the arms will hit the screws behind it. These screws/locknuts are for the rudder mount brackets. I am going to use the heavy duty futaba arms, they are not metal but I cant break them by hand so they will do, im also using four carbon fiber servo plates to act like washers for the servos screws. I did this on the Stabs as well
Thats about it for today, hands got too cold so I called it, I did want to show you guys the AWESOME decals/paint mask I got from tailor made. Lots of detail, from the gear decals, pylons, tanks, missiles and cockpit to the standard markings. I wasnt expecting SO much, I highly recommend them and will use them from now on!