RCU Forums - View Single Post - It's here and Looks GOOD new Hangar 9 Taylorcraft
Old 11-25-2018, 07:28 AM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

With the tank out again, noticed the clunk nearly remains at the bottom of the tank when inverting. Someone I know was kind enough to give me some Viton tubing to substitute for the stiff, Tygon pickup tube found inside the BNF tank.

Heating and twisting big wing panels by yourself can be a hassle; its so easy to go too far the other direction. In an effort to eliminate the roll tendency, lengthened the right rear lift-strut one full turn at the fuse fitting to see if it takes out some of the right trim.

Back when putting airplane together, noticed negative camber in wheels, verified with triangle. Rather bothersome, so clamped L/G in vise and tweaked to TLAR.

The Jim Moss signature trim feature on the aft fuselage is poorly executed in this smaller rendition of the Taylorcraft - i.e. too much spacing between colors. Ultracoat doesn't stick to itself very well and this trait comes in handy to pull off the red and black stripes without any heat. Acetone followed with alcohol cleans up any leftover color/adhesives. Used wax paper to make a template and cut patches to apply and create an alternate trim scheme.