RCU Forums - View Single Post - Things that would be interesting to know - "Taj-Muncie" usage
Old 11-29-2018, 09:53 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

Once again Dave, why must you and others feel the need to start a post with an insult? So a vacation to Muncie does not make sense to you, I have no issue with that. There are however people and families that do. I am on the west coast the same as you and I have not made the trip to Muncie and to be honest I do not plan to do so as long as the west coast is my home. I do not belittle those who do. What other people do with their time and money is not my concern. I get that you feel AMA is a bad investment for YOU, simple don't join. You are NOT being forced to do anything, flying model airplanes is a choice. If you have an issue with the politics surrounding the hobby then maybe you should quit and do something else. I am somone who does see value in AMA membership even though I currently have no plans to visit Muncie. For me it's nice to know that should that change it is an available option. I have some great friends here locally who drive to Muncie every year to compete in pattern. I have an opportunity to relocate to Alabama next year. Meeting up in Muncie for the Pattern Nationals would be a great way to see them should me transfer pan out. Bottom line is that just because you have your valid reasons for not visiting or even wanting the Muncie facility, others such as myself have valid reasons for wanting the facility. Our issue isn't that you have a lack of respect for other peoples opinions and feel that everyone should see things through your eyes and if not then out come in insults.