RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hooben T55A control?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

With the limited space in a T55 the Clark is definitely the best bet, and will give you a true hobby grade RC tank. However, if you want to get away really cheap, just to get it rollin' for now, you might think about just throwing in a stock unit, like an RX18 or a Taigen MFU. You can get them used and there's probably a half a dozen guys on this forum that have a set laying around they would part with for cheap, like 35 or 40 bucks is what I see them usually go for. Do you have a transmitter already? Another option, if you already have a minimum 6 channel radio, is the Taigen V3 MFU. I don't think they have a sound module for a T55, but they might have a T34. Those are brand new for about 60 bucks, but you might also have to buy the cables for another 10 or 15.

I'd have to advise doing it right from the start and going with a TK22 (I like the TK20, are those still around, Guys?) and a decent 6 channel TX, like maybe a Flysky i6. But, if you just want to get it rollin' there are cheaper options.

I suppose this would be a good time to warn you that if you stay in the hobby there's no way you'll own just one tank. It can be rather addictive and I can't tell you how many guys I've seen get one, think they'd just have the one, and the next thing you know they've got a dozen or more. It really is a terrific hobby, made up of some really cool guys, so welcome aboard and good luck. Don't hesitate to ask questions, either. The only dumb question is the one that goes un-asked.

Oh yeah, where are you? That can help sort out who's closest to lend a hand.