RCU Forums - View Single Post - Things that would be interesting to know - "Taj-Muncie" usage
Old 12-06-2018, 08:25 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I think I can answer this one for you Speed:
1) NO, he isn't calling you a slacker since you don't actually work in the AMA offices
2) Yes, I would say you are very much an AMA supporter, no issue on that as I have things and causes I support, at times probably too much so
3) It's not a matter of ethics or seeing what's going on at the AMA offices. It comes down to the facts we do have. I'll use an AMA member, ScottRC, with his website issues and membership time errors. The fact it took 5 weeks to fix his membership renewal, something that should have been able to be fixed in a day or, in a well run business, minutes, shows a major issue. I can understand typos, but 5 WEEKS??????? That is inexcusable. The fact that the office has heard, from multiple sources and for several months, that the website has issues that still haven't been fixed is also inexcusable. In my job, if I have an issue to take care of and don't do so or have someone file a complaint with HR over something I ALLEGEDLY DID, I'm out the door and have no chance of getting my job back. What makes my job any different than those at the AMA's offices. That comes down to one word:
ACCOUNTABILITY!!!
The difference is that I'm held accountable for what I do and how I do it. If it's perceived that I broke the rules or didn't follow procedures, I'm gone. The AMA should be looking at things the same way. The question is why don't they?