RCU Forums - View Single Post - Things that would be interesting to know - "Taj-Muncie" usage
Old 12-07-2018, 05:04 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

First off Dave I want to thank you for the way your response was presented. It makes a huge difference when we talk to one another as opposed to at one another, so thank you. I agree that Scott's issue should not have taken 5 weeks to correct. That being said, we don't know the circumstances behind it. We do know the web site has been having issues, membership renewal is web based. I'm not an IT guy but could it have been possible that other things could have been fixed with the site before the membership issue could be found? Could Scott have made the mistake himself and then not provided a transaction number to help them find the issue? I'm not making excuses for them, simply demonstrating that immediately accusing somone of incompetence at step one may not be the correct answer without all the facts surrounding this particular incident. Trust me when I say that I am well aware of following process. I build space propulsion systems for a living and when an error is found it is serious business, however we look at all aspects that led to the error. Was tranining adequate, are the process instructions written correctly, were tools in proper working order etc. once these questions have been satisfied then we start looking at the operator specific questions.

The other issue we have in this forum is human behavior. You took Scott's story at face value without any verification or pertinent details simply because you WANT to beleive him. I have my doubts about the story ( no I am not calling him a liar ) and would like to have more details about his incident because I DO NOT want to beleive his story. As with all situations like this the truth of what actually happened is somewhere in between what you and I imagine.